Friday, November 5, 2010

Response: Oscar Grant Case

Not only am I pissed about the case but I am responding to Jackson Follrath's blog about the case. I found the last paragraph interesting:
I believe that this shows the legal system of the United States and how it is operated. A police officer can get away with anything. No matter what, they have an excuse because they have law on their side. This is why so many people are upset about the case
I think that is unfair for what Johannes Mehserle received---- he should have got more. That was involuntarily manslaughter. What he did was absolutely wrong. Even though he said it was an accident, why would you shoot a guy while he is laying  still on the ground. That makes no sense to me. Then he gets less than two years? What is the justice in that?

Now just imagine if Mehserle was black and Oscar Grant was white.  Mehserle would  probably get more than two years.The people who are reading this blog may not agree with me, but if you really think about it there is a total difference. Going back to Jackson's quote, I do think it is is unfair that police officers get away with anything.  But I like I mentioned, it is also about race. Then again , I could be wrong. Maybe if Mehserle was a black police officer, the same thing could happen where he gets less than 2 years.

It is sad how a young black man's life is taken away and a police officer gets less than  2 years-- 2 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment