Friday, September 17, 2010

Response: Homework

I choose to respond to Andy Li's blog about homework:
Is homework a good thing or a bad thing? Teachers and paretns say it's a good thing; they help you learn and get an education, which is good for your future. Students think that homework is torture and should not be assigned. Students are the ones who have to the do the homework, which is why they coplain about it. The teachers don't have to do it so they don't complain.
I sort of agree with this becuase teachers, especially here at ASTI are trying to get us prepared for college. Many of them have said its not going to be easy when you take college classes and tell us things we have to be worried about or should be prepared for.The thing is- college classes are really not that hard.

In my opinion, I think homework is a good thing. But trust me, I am not a nerd. I don't like homework but I know it is important so then we can be prepared and know that we know it ourselves. It can seem pointless becuase we already learn it in class. but the teahces only give it to us to make sure we are really learning and understanding what they are teaching.

Later in your blog, Andy Li states that:
If you're the student who has to do it, you wouldn't want to do it. As teenagers, we care about dates and TV and computers, not homework.

Going back to what I wrote before, homework is good but is notsomething that teenages would want to do all the time. We all have other things that we worry about that are non school related. Who reallly thinks about their educaion or school all the time? 

Back to the original point, homework is good but not something we wish to have. Yes, teenagers don't want to do homework but its good for them. I'm not trying to sound like a teacher but I think homework is important so we can have better grades and be able to explain to those who don't get it or the teacher in fact. To be truthful, I hate homework and I get distracted very easily- but homework is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment